from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Snow covering a mountain peak, especially such snow existing year-round.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A layer of snow covering a mountain top.
- n. A small hummingbird, Microchera albocoronata, which is a resident breeder in Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and western Panama.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A very small humming bird (Microchæra albocoronata) native of New Grenada.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A humming-bird of the genus Microchæra, having a snowy cap.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a covering of snow (as on a mountain peak)
Sorry, no etymologies found.