American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A sofa whose seat unfolds to form a bed.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A piece of furniture forming a sofa, as during the day, but capable of being opened or altered in shape so as to furnish a bed at night.
- n. alternative spelling of sofa-bed.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a sofa so contrived that it may be extended to form a bed; -- called also
- n. a sofa that can be converted into a bed
“In fact, the only drawback I could perceive was that after one night on the lumpy old sofa bed in Jack Stuart's former quarters at All Souls, Suits would be begging the homeless shelters for a space.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sofa bed’.
The universe as IKEA sees it.
Furniture, haberdashery, household articles and a lot more. The bulk of the list (750 entries) are IKEA articles in the original English version IKEA use...
active-response c..., add-on-unit for s..., adjustable slatte..., alarm clock, alkaline battery, anti-slip socks, anti-slip underlay, armchair, armrest, artificial flower, artificial garland, artificial plant ... and 830 more...
Things people are giving away on a bulletin board I frequent.
Looking for tweets for sofa bed.