from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A deciduous shrub or small tree (Prunus cerasus) having white flowers and tart red fruit.
- n. The edible fruit of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a species of Prunus in the subgenus Cerasus (cherries), native to much of Europe and southwest Asia, Prunus cerasus
- n. the fruit of this tree
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. acid cherries used for pies and preserves
- n. rather small Eurasian tree producing red to black acid edible fruit
- n. Australian tree with sour red fruit
sour + cherry (Wiktionary)