American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A deciduous shrub or small tree (Prunus cerasus) having white flowers and tart red fruit.
- n. The edible fruit of this plant.
- n. a species of Prunus in the subgenus Cerasus (cherries), native to much of Europe and southwest Asia, Prunus cerasus
- n. the fruit of this tree
- n. acid cherries used for pies and preserves
- n. rather small Eurasian tree producing red to black acid edible fruit
- n. Australian tree with sour red fruit
- sour + cherry (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sour cherry’.
Cultural realia from Hungary.
I have only included realia that already have an English spelling variant and DID NOT include Hungarian words that would be used in English texts unchang...
Looking for tweets for sour cherry.