from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One, such as a highly polished metallic surface or a virtuoso performer, that sparkles.
- n. Informal A diamond.
- n. A firework that burns slowly and gives off a shower of sparks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hand-held firework that emits sparks.
- n. A gem or ornament that sparkles.
- n. A sparkling wine.
- n. A tiger beetle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who scatters; esp., one who scatters money; an improvident person.
- n. One who, or that which, sparkles.
- n. A tiger beetle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A thing which or a person who sparkles; that which or one who gives off scintillations, as of light, beauty, or wit: often applied specifically to gems, especially the diamond.
- n. One of various species of tiger-beetles (Cicindela): so called in allusion to their shining or sparkling appearance when running in the sunshine. See cuts under Cicindela.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a firework that burns slowly and throws out a shower of sparks
- n. diamonds
Champagne or any sparkler is what we always have with sushi.
I hate to admit it, but my favorite cheap non-Champagne sparkler is from New Mexico!
A rep for the jeweler confirmed the engagement, saying the sparkler is a "one-of-a-kind" piece.
The sparkler was the most expensive with two rare mats, one of which costs 200 to make from crafter.
The little boy and girl well knew the "sparkler," as they sometimes called it.
He had caught the word "sparkler," and he at once associated it with the occasion he had heard the men use it before.
The 27-year-old then flashed a what she called a "17-carat diamond ring from my baby", and hit back at rumours the sparkler is a fake, adding, "my baby is a f***king baller.
Either it was the wine bars and old-school dives of the West Village or the Meatpacking District's sparkler-driven clubs, which were better suited to New Jerseyites than New Yorkers.
Email a copy of 'Lighting my BBAW sparkler' to a friend
For whites, my absolute favorite sparkler in the world is a Spanish cava from Gramona.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.