from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of squamous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Covered with, or consisting of, scales; resembling a scale; scaly
- adj. Of or pertaining to the squamosal bone; squamosal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, scaly; furnished with small appressed scales or squamæ; also, scalelike. Also squamate, squamous.
- In zoology, squamous; squamiferous or squamigerous; covered with scales; scaly; specifically, in entomology, covered with minute scales, as the wings of lepidopterous insects; lepidopterous; squamulate.
Sorry, no etymologies found.