from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of stymie.
- v. Alternative spelling of stymie.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In golf, to hinder by a stimy.
- In golf, to force to play a stimy. To stimy one's opponent is so to play one's ball as to bring it into a position between his ball and the hole, the two balls being more than six inches apart.
- n. In golf, the position of a ball when it is directly between the hole for which an adversary is playing and his ball.
- n. In golf, the position of a ball on a putting-green when it is directly between the hole for which an adversary is playing and his ball at any distance over six inches between the two.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
We WILL be closely watching how long it takes for the prices to drop to realistic levels, how long it takes for common wananchi to actually see the speed benefits, how much bickering occurs as inland countries have to kowtow for access to the ocean cable links, and how much corporate foot-dragging will occur to stimy user access in order to maintain their revenue margins (e.g. thru per-megabyte pricing).
"Don't be silly, Sara," said Aunt Janet, a little stimy.
"You laid me that stimy of set purpose," cried Dickon, throwing down his club in a rage; "and this is the third time you have done it in this game."
In a day or two, he was drinking beer (which he would previously have rejected as poison), was sleeping like a top, and was laying down the law on stimy, and other "mysteries more than Eleusinian."
If the Democrats manage to lose the seat in November, they might consider blaming an election system that is quite literally designed to stimy "majority rule" save in races where there are only two candidates.
While they stimy job creation and are planning on raising our taxes as they treat the tax payers as cash machines.
Next they must prove that even the effects of that warming is a net "bad" thing demanding action to attempt to stimy it.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.