from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An automobile of a standard make modified for racing.
- n. A railroad car for carrying livestock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A racing car, such as those sanctioned by NASCAR and ARCA, based on one of the regular production models available for purchase by the public.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a railway car for carrying cattle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. On a railroad, a car used to transport live stock, as horses, cattle, pigs, and sheep; a cattle-car.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a car kept in dealers' stock for regular sales
- n. a racing car with the basic chassis of a commercially available car
- n. boxcar with latticed sides; for transporting livestock
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.