from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An automobile of a standard make modified for racing.
- noun A railroad car for carrying livestock.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun On a railroad, a car used to transport live stock, as horses, cattle, pigs, and sheep; a cattle-car.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
racing car, such as those sanctioned by NASCARand ARCA, based on one of the regular production modelsavailable for purchase by the public.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun boxcar with latticed sides; for transporting livestock
- noun a car kept in dealers' stock for regular sales
- noun a racing car with the basic chassis of a commercially available car
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word stock car.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.