from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. Football To ward off (a tackler) by holding the arm out straight with the elbow locked and the palm of the hand placed against the opponent's body; stiff-arm.
- transitive v. To force or ward off by or as if by holding the arm out straight.
- n. Football The act or an instance of straight-arming.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To ward off by holding the arms out straight
- n. An instance of this
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (American football) the act of warding off a tackler by holding the arm fully extended with the hand against the opponent
From straight + arm. (Wiktionary)