from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A contract that assigns some of the obligations of a prior contract to another party.
- transitive v. To make a subcontract or a subcontract for.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To contract out portions of a larger contracted project.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A contract under, or subordinate to, a previous contract.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contract under a previous contract.
- To make a contract under a previous contract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. work under a subcontract; engage in a subcontract
- v. arranged for contracted work to be done by others
- n. a contract assigning to another party some obligations of a prior contract
sub- + contract (Wiktionary)