from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Less than total; incomplete.
- n. The total of part of a series of numbers.
- transitive v. To total part of (a series of numbers).
- intransitive v. To arrive at a subtotal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The total for a part of a list of numbers being summed.
- v. To calculate a subtotal.
- adj. Less than total; partial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sum of part of a group of numbers
sub- + total (Wiktionary)