from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A box in which something, such as hides or fruit, is fermented by sweating.
- n. Slang A confined place where a person sweats, especially:
- n. Slang An interrogation room.
- n. Slang A prison cell used for special punishment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any box or boxlike structure used to induce sweating, such as of hides or tobacco
- n. A prison cell
- n. A small nightclub packed to capacity where people get hot and sweaty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device that causes tobacco leaves or fruit or hides to sweat
- n. small or narrow cell
'I don't think the confines of a sweatbox are a very clever environment to honk up in.'
Since I lived in a fourth floor walk-up converted attic affectionately known as the sweatbox, I spent a lot of time on the first floor in Booge and Jarhead's dorm room.
This special snowflake of the earth is very, very upset about the backlash after james ray's "sweatbox" in sedona.
D'Evelyn said sheriff's deputies at the scene learned those injured had been part of a larger group housed in a "sweatbox" type structure on the property.
Police are conducting a homicide investigation into "sweatbox" deaths
Two people died and were 19 injured after spending up to two hours inside this "sweatbox" at an Arizona resort.
info on the coveted "sweatbox" is given and all people can do is complain about stealing bandwidth? get a life!
So the local authorities have been busy investigating James Arthur Ray and his sweatbox, and some of the documents and details have been released to the media and public.
La Macarena is Barcelona's underground gem – a diminutive, subterranean, rough-around-the-edges sweatbox of a club.
The new facility, with air con, treadmills and an aerobics studio, bears little resemblance to the sparse and shabby termite-infested sweatbox above an off-licence that the brash young boxer, then named Cassius Clay, walked into five decades ago, and which eventually produced 12 world champions under Dundee's tutelage.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.