from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A box in which something, such as hides or fruit, is fermented by sweating.
- n. Slang A confined place where a person sweats, especially:
- n. Slang An interrogation room.
- n. Slang A prison cell used for special punishment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any box or boxlike structure used to induce sweating, such as of hides or tobacco
- n. A prison cell
- n. A small nightclub packed to capacity where people get hot and sweaty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device that causes tobacco leaves or fruit or hides to sweat
- n. small or narrow cell
sweat + box (Wiktionary)