from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Producing physiological effects resembling those caused by the activity or stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system: a sympathomimetic hormone.
- n. A sympathomimetic drug or agent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That produces effects similar to those of the sympathetic nervous system
- n. Any medicine with this effect
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to epinephrine (its release or action)
sympath(etic) + mimetic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)