from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Produced by living organisms or biological processes.
- adj. Necessary for the maintenance of life processes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. produced by living organisms, or by a biological process
- adj. essential for the maintenance of life
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. produced by living organisms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. essential for maintaining the fundamental life processes
- adj. produced by living organisms or biological processes
bio- + -genic (Wiktionary)