from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of taboret.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as taboret.
- n. A seat without arms or back, cushioned and stuffed: a high stool; -- so called from its resemblance to a drum.
- n. An embroidery frame.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a low stool in the shape of a drum
Sorry, no etymologies found.
* The tabouret was a stool allowed to the Ladies of the Court particularly distinguished by rank or favour, when in presence of the Royal Family.
A Residence in France During the Years 1792, 1793, 1794 and 1795, Complete Described in a Series of Letters from an English Lady: with General and Incidental Remarks on the French Character and Manners
* The tabouret was a stool allowed to the Ladies of the Court particularly distinguished by rank or favour, when in presence of the Royal Family. ” “Les entrees” gave a familiar access to the King and Queen.
He noticed the Scotch on a tabouret and a cigar box near a chromium smoking stand.
Livré à plat, très facile et rapide à monter et extrêmement solide (supporte jusqu´à 200 kg!), il peut servir de tabouret, de chevet, ou de table d´appoint.
*The tabouret, a padded stool was awarded to those holding the rank of duchess.
“Take a seat,” I said, placing a tabouret; and I made her sit down.
Quand j'ai repris conscience j'etais dans les bras de ma prof de bio qui essayais de me retenir de ne pas tomber de mon tabouret.
Installée sur le seul tabouret de la cuisine, je finis de me réveiller en plongeant ma cuillère dans le délicieux upama épicé préparé par Nisha.
The ladies of chancellors here have the privilege of the tabouret when they come to the toilette; but in the afternoon they are obliged to stand.
I have now no circle, for ladies a tabouret [Ladies having the privilege of seats upon small stools in the presence.] seldom come to me, not liking to appear but in full dress.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.