from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of tape.
- n. The act of something being taped
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sizing or dressing of cotton warp-yarn on a tape-machine.
- n. In sewing-machine work, a method of sewing in which a tape is fed to a gaiter or other article and is stitched down. It is done on a two-needle machine (which see, under sewing-machine).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a recording made on magnetic tape
Sorry, no etymologies found.