from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The framework of internal supports (a false endoskeleton) within an arthropod head, formed by ingrowths of the exoskeleton called apophyses.
- n. The tentorium cerebelli.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fold of the dura mater which separates the cerebellum from the cerebrum and often incloses a process or plate of the skull called the bony tentorium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A partition, composed of a strong sheet of the dura mater, stretched across the back part of the cranial cavity in man, between the cerebrum and the cerebellum.
- n. In zoology and anatomy, the endocranium.
- n. Same as tenture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (anatomy) a fold of dura mater that covers the cerebellum and supports the occipital lobes of the cerebrum