from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make a territory of; organize as a territory.
- transitive v. To extend by adding territory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To enlarge by extension of territory.
- v. To reduce to the condition of a territory.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To enlarge by extension of territory.
- transitive v. To reduce to the condition of a territory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To enlarge or extend by addition of territory.
- To reduce to the state of a territory.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. extend by adding territory
- v. organize as a territory
- v. place on a territorial basis
territorial + -ize (Wiktionary)