from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or causing tetanus.
- adj. Of, relating to, or causing tetany.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to tetanus
- adj. causing tetanus
- adj. of or relating to tetany
- adj. causing tetany
- n. Any substance that causes tetanic spasms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to tetanus; having the character of tetanus
- adj. Producing, or tending to produce, tetanus, or tonic contraction of the muscles. See Tetanic, n.
- n. A substance (notably nux vomica, strychnine, and brucine) which, either as a remedy or a poison, acts primarily on the spinal cord, and which, when taken in comparatively large quantity, produces tetanic spasms or convulsions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, of the nature of, or characterized by tetanus.
- n. In medicine, a remedy which acts on the nerves, and through them on the muscles, as nux vomica, strychnia, brucina, etc. If taken in overdoses tetanics occasion convulsions and death.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or causing tetany
- adj. of or relating to or causing tetanus
Sorry, no etymologies found.