from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yellow crystalline compound, C7H5N5O8, used as a detonator.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The explosive 2,4,6-trinitrophenyl-N-methylnitramine produced by the nitration of dimethylaniline
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Butyl; -- so called from the four carbon atoms in the molecule.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The hypothetical radical C4H9, the fourth member of the CnH2n + 1 series: same as butyl.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a yellow crystalline explosive solid that is used in detonators
From its four nitrite groups.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)