from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hydrocarbon radical, C4H9, with the structure of butane and valence 1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either of four isomeric univalent hydrocarbon radicals, C4H9, formally derived from butane by the loss of a hydrogen atom.
- n. A synthetic rubber made by the polymerization of isobutylene.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A compound radical, regarded as butane, less one atom of hydrogen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hydrocarbon alcohol radical having the composition C4H9. It cannot be isolated, and occurs only in combination with other radicals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hydrocarbon radical (C4H9)
Sorry, no etymologies found.