from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Acquired from or through two intermediate sources: a thirdhand report.
- adj. Previously used by two other owners.
- adj. Dealing in merchandise previously used by two other owners.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having been relayed by two intermediate sources.
- adj. Having had two previous owners.
- adv. By two intermediates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. derived from what is primary or original by two intermediate steps
- adv. by doubly indirect means
third + hand (Wiktionary)