from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Trained in all paces or gaits, as a horse.
- adj. Thoroughgoing; complete.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Trained in every pace.
- adj. Extensively trained or schooled; knowledgeable; proficient.
- adj. Complete, total.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Perfect in what is undertaken; complete; going all lengths.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Literally, perfectly trained to go through all the possible paces, as a well-trained horse; hence, perfect or complete; going all lengths; thoroughgoing; downright; consummate.
Sorry, no etymologies found.