from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Worth or priced at threepence.
- adj. Very small; trifling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a value or cost of threepence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Costing or worth three pence; hence, worth but little; poor; mean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Worth three pence only; hence, of little worth.
- n. Same as threepence, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of trifling worth
- adj. used of nail size; 1 1/8 in long
three + penny (Wiktionary)