from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bomb with a detonating mechanism that can be set for a particular time.
- n. Something that threatens to have an abruptly disastrous outcome in the future.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bomb that has a mechanism such that detonation can be preset to a particular time.
- n. A situation that threatens to have disastrous consequences at some future time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bomb that has a detonating mechanism that can be set to go off at a particular time
- n. a problematic situation that will eventually become dangerous if not addressed
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.