from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To determine the concentration of (a solution) by titration or perform the operation of titration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To ascertain the amount of a constituent in a solution (or other mixture) by measuring the volume of a known concentration (the "standard solution") needed to complete a reaction.
- v. To adjust the amount of a drug consumed until the desired effects are achieved.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To analyse, or determine the strength of, by means of standard solutions. Cf. Standardized solution, under solution.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To submit to the process of titration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. measure by (the volume or concentration of solutions) by titration
In medicine, you "titrate" dosage to determine how much is just right.
And as they take them, most people need to titrate up as they build up tolerance.
Since I also try to figure stuff out as I right, I hope too that any insights i can titrate might be useful to someone else.
So people sometimes suspect there's this nefarious plot to titrate inventory to demand.
Look up some OR equipment up and you might find some interesting things to modify like a manifold that would allow you to hook up and titrate multiple pigments to the same line.
Is this possible since drug levels and metabolite levels have been measured for decades along with research on which levels are theraputic and physicians have used these levels to titrate medications?
One of the big problems with putting it in water is that it becomes impossible to titrate.
And, again, as I mentioned, you have to titrate this medication very carefully based on that monitoring.
One thing about using marijuana, either smoking it or vaporizing it, is you can titrate it a little bit more easily.
One thing about using marijuana, either smoking it or vaporizing it, is that you can titrate it a little bit more easily.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.