from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To determine the concentration of (a solution) by titration or perform the operation of titration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To ascertain the amount of a constituent in a solution (or other mixture) by measuring the volume of a known concentration (the "standard solution") needed to complete a reaction.
- v. To adjust the amount of a drug consumed until the desired effects are achieved.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To analyse, or determine the strength of, by means of standard solutions. Cf. Standardized solution, under solution.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To submit to the process of titration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. measure by (the volume or concentration of solutions) by titration
From French titrer, from titre, titer; see titer.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French titrer, from titre ("title, quality, chemical proportion"). (Wiktionary)