from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The thin, horny, transparent plate covering the upper surface of the end of a toe.
- n. A nail driven obliquely, as to join vertical and horizontal beams.
- transitive v. To secure (beams) with obliquely driven nails.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The thin, horny, transparent plate covering the upper surface of the end of a toe
- v. To fasten two boards together by applying nails into both boards at a 45 degree angle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. drive obliquely
- n. the nail at the end of a toe
Sorry, no etymologies found.