from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The practice of jumping into the sea or similar body of water from a cliff or other high point such that the jumper enters the water vertically straight, like a tombstone
- n. An unwanted effect in the manufacture of electronic circuit boards, in which a component stands up on end instead of lying flat
- n. In page layout, putting articles side by side so that the headlines are adjacent. The phenomenon is also referred to as bumping heads.
- n. In highway driving, a blockage in traffic caused by a semi-trailer truck attempting to pass another with insufficient acceleration.
- v. Present participle of tombstone.
tombstone + -ing (Wiktionary)