from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to reach one's highest point
- v. to quit one's career while at a successful time.
- v. to complete construction of a tall building
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- To top off; to finish by putting on a cap of top (uppermost) course (called a top`ping-out" course).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. give up one's career just as one becomes very successful
- v. to reach the highest point; attain maximum intensity, activity
- v. provide with a top or finish the top (of a structure)
Sorry, no etymologies found.