from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A permanent resident of a town, especially a resident of a college town who is academically unaffiliated with the local college or university.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person living in a university area who is not associated with the university.
- n. A person born and raised in an area of Massachusetts who is proud of his or her Irish-American community, culture, and heritage.
- n. A person who has moved from a town or city to a rural area.
- n. A person familiar with the town (urbanised centre of a city) and with going out on the town; a street-wise person.
- n. A chav.
- n. A working-class citizen in a metropolitan area.
- n. A person who lives in a city or town, or has an urban outlook.
From town + -ie. (Wiktionary)