American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A figure composed of three solid or interrupted parallel lines, especially as used in Chinese philosophy or divination according to the I Ching.
- n. See trigraph.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A geometrical form consisting of three elements, like a triangle, a triskele, a heart, etc.
- n. In geometry, three coplanar, non-copunctal straights.
- n. Same as trigraph.
- n. In Chinese Taoism, a symbol composed of three marks each of two types (creating 8 possible symbols) which are used for philosophical discussion and divination (fortunetelling).
- n. A trigraph.
- n. linguistics a special case of the n-gram where n is 3, used in natural language processing for doing statistical analysis of texts
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Same as trigraph.
- n. a word that is written with three letters in an alphabetic writing system
“A trigram is a combination of three lines, solid or broken, as found in the Chinese classic I Ching (The Book of Changes).”
“Everyone of the same gender has the same progressed trigram for the same age.”
“The natal trigram, then, for both males and females is not calculated from their years of birth, but rather is taken as their mother's progressed trigram for her age at the year she gave birth to them.”
“A progressed trigram for each year of age is derived from a certain arrangement of the trigrams.”
“Its inner trigram is ☲ (離 li2) radiance = (火) fire, and its outer trigram is identical.”
“Korea, Southwhite with a red (top) and blue yin-yang symbol in the center; there is a different black trigram from the ancient I Ching (Book of Changes) in each corner of the white field”
“Flag description: white with a red (top) and blue yin-yang symbol in the center; there is a different black trigram from the ancient I Ching (Book of Changes) in each corner of the white field”
“This is, you realise, the trigram structure for Presidential Arrogance.”
“And besides you don't know what the Judgement and Image are for these enneagrams until you get them one day and decode the first line of the Image verse into the triple-trigram.”
“So, hey, you do know what enneagram it is, and that it's the bottom trigram that's changed from water to fire.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘trigram’.
parsing, tagging, computational lin..., computer science, language processing, machine learning, natural language ..., semantic level, word sense ambiguity, discourse level, anaphora, ambiguity and 332 more...
Terms from the fields of terminology, lexicography, lexicology and corpus linguistics
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
Looking for tweets for trigram.