from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To reverse direction and retrace one's steps.
- v. To return to a previous state of being.
- v. To prevent or refuse to allow passage or progress.
- v. To adjust to a previous setting.
- v. To fold something back; to fold down
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. go back to a previous state
- v. hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
- v. retrace one's course
- v. turn inside out or upside down
- v. force to go away; used both with concrete and metaphoric meanings
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.