from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A branch of a road or path leading away from a main thoroughfare, especially an exit on a highway.
- n. The act or an instance of turning off.
- n. Slang One that is distasteful: The evening was a real turnoff.
- n. Slang Something that causes loss of interest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A road or path that branches off from a main one
- n. A distasteful or uninteresting event
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something causing antagonism or loss of interest
- n. a side road where you can turn off
Sorry, no etymologies found.