from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The bearing of twins.
- n. A pairing or union of two similar or identical objects.
- n. Mineralogy The formation of twin crystals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of twin.
- n. action of the verb to twin
- n. giving birth to twins
- n. the pairing of similar objects (such as towns)
- n. the formation of twin crystals
- n. the conversion of a road into a dual carriageway
- adj. biparous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The assemblage of two or more crystals, or parts of crystals, in reversed position with reference to each other in accordance with some definite law; also, rarely, in artificial twinning (accomplished for example by pressure), the process by which this reversal is brought about.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process or state of being twinned: said of crystals. See twin, n., 3.
- n. Separation; parting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. producing two offspring at a time
Sorry, no etymologies found.