from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having given birth two or more times.
- adj. Giving birth to more than one offspring at a time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having two or more pregnancies, resulting in viable offspring.
- adj. Producing several offspring at one time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing many, or more than one, at a birth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Producing many at a birth.
- In botany, many-bearing: said of a cyme with three or more lateral axes (the pleiochasium of Eichler).
- Of or pertaining to a multipara; having given birth to two or more children.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. producing more than one offspring at a time
multi- + parous (Wiktionary)