from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A high-velocity centrifuge used in the separation of colloidal or submicroscopic particles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A high-speed centrifuge, especially one free from convection that is used to separate colloidal particles.
- v. To submit a material to ultracentrifugation
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a high speed centrifuge used to determine the relative molecular masses of large molecules in high polymers and proteins
- v. subject to the action of an ultracentrifuge
Sorry, no etymologies found.