from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not bound by a covenant.
- adj. Not promised or guaranteed by a covenant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not bound by a covenant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not covenanted; not granted or entered into under a covenant, agreement, or contract.
- adj. Not having joined in a league, or assented to a covenant or agreement, as to the Solemn League and Covenant of the Scottish people in the times of the Stuarts.
- adj. Not having entered into relationship with God through the appointed means of grace; also, not promised or assured by the divine promises or conditions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not promised by covenant; not resting on a covenant or promise.
- Not bound by a covenant, contract, or agreement; not having joined in a covenant, compact, league, or the like; specifically, not subscribing to the Scottish Solemn League and Covenant.
un- + covenanted (Wiktionary)