from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The side or surface that is underneath; the bottom side. Also called undersurface.
- n. The side that is less desirable, reputable, or noble than the obverse: "hunger, isolation, filth, the underside of [a] hellish regime” ( National Review).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The side that is below or underneath, the bottom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The lower or lowest side of anything.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the lower side of anything
Sorry, no etymologies found.