from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The lower side or portion.
- n. A disadvantageous aspect: an option with a downside as well as benefits.
- n. A downward tendency, as in the price of a stock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A disadvantageous aspect of something that is normally advantageous.
- n. A downward tendency, especially in the price of shares etc
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a negative aspect of something that is generally positive
Compound of down + side. (Wiktionary)