from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a heavy muscular physique.
- adj. Bullheaded.
- adj. Causing, expecting, or characterized by rising stock market prices: "Cheaper energy is bullish because it stimulates growth” ( Eric Gelman).
- adj. Optimistic or confident: bullish on the prospects of reaching a negotiated settlement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a muscular physique
- adj. Aggressively self-confident or assertive; bullheaded
- adj. rising
- adj. optimistic; overly or foolishly optimistic or hopeful
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Partaking of the nature of a bull, or a blunder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the stock exchange, somewhat buoyant; advancing or tending to advance in price, in consequence of the efforts of the bulls: as, a bullish market.
- Partaking of the nature of a bull or blunder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. expecting a rise in prices
bull + -ish (Wiktionary)