from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In an unhappy manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an unhappy manner; unfortunately; miserably; evilly: as, to live unhappily.
- By ill fortune; as ill luck would have it; to some one's misfortune: as, unhappily I missed seeing him.
- Not suitably or appropriately; not aptly.
- Trickishly; mischievously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an unpleasant way
- adv. in an unfortunate way
unhappy + -ly (Wiktionary)