from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. By chance; perhaps.
- adv. By good chance; fortunately, successfully.
- adv. In a happy or cheerful manner; with happiness.
- adv. With good will; in all happiness; willingly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. By chance; peradventure; haply.
- adv. By good fortune; fortunately; luckily.
- adv. In a happy manner or state; in happy circumstances.
- adv. With address or dexterity; gracefully; felicitously; in a manner to insure success; with success.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- By good fortune; fortunately; luckily.
- In a happy or pleasing way or state; in pleasant or fortunate circumstances; with happiness or joy.
- With address, skill, dexterity, or aptness; dexterously; felicitously; aptly; gracefully.
- By chance; peradventure; haply.
- Synonyms Haply, Happily. Haply, now rarely used in prose, means by chance; happily, by a happy chance.
- Prosperously, successfully, contentedly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an unexpectedly lucky way
- adv. in a joyous manner
From happy + -ly. (Wiktionary)