from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a glad manner; happily.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Preferably; by choice.
- adv. With pleasure; joyfully; cheerfully; eagerly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With gladness or pleasure; joyfully; cheerfully.
- By preference; by choice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a willing manner
From Middle English gladly, gladliche, from Old English glædlīċe ("gladly"), equivalent to glad + -ly. Compare Danish glædelig ("joyful"), Icelandic gleðilegur ("delightful"). More at glad, -ly. (Wiktionary)