from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In a joyful, cheerful, or happy manner; merrily.
- adv. With bright colors or trimmings; showily: gaily dressed in ribbons and flounces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. merrily
- adv. showily
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Merrily; showily. See gaily.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a gay manner; with mirth and frolic; joyfully; merrily.
- Splendidly; with finery or showiness; brightly; gaudily.
- Tolerably; pretty. Also gailie, gaylie.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a gay manner
Sorry, no etymologies found.