from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To separate, classify, or package in discrete units.
- transitive v. To make or transform into a single unit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To manage as a unit
- v. To convert, package, or organize into one or more units
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To reduce to a unit, or one whole; to form into a unit; to unify.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To form into or reduce to a unit; make a unit of; cause to be one.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make into a unit
- v. divide (bulk material) and process as units
- v. separate or classify into units
Sorry, no etymologies found.