from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not reconciled to social, political, or economic change; maintaining outdated attitudes, beliefs, and practices.
- adj. Not reconciled to the outcome of the American Civil War.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not reconstructed.
- adj. Unreconciled to social or cultural change; particularly with respect to the Reconstruction after the American Civil War.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not reconstructed; specifically, in United States politics, not yet reorganized as a State of the Union: applied to seceded States after the civil war; also, loosely, to citizens of the South not reconciled to the results of that war.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. adhering to an attitude or position widely held to be outmoded
un- + reconstructed (Wiktionary)