from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that estimates values; an appraiser.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who estimates the value of something; an appraiser
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who assesses, or sets a value on, anything; an appraiser.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who sets a value; an appraiser. Swift, Considerations upon Two Bills.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who estimates officially the worth or value or quality of things
Sorry, no etymologies found.