from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A New World thrush (Hylocichla fuscescens) having a reddish-brown head, back, and tail and an indistinctly spotted breast. Also called Wilson's thrush.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An American thrush (Turdus fuscescens) common in the Northern United States and Canada.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An American thrush (Turdus fuscescens) common in the Northern United States and Canada. It is light tawny brown above. The breast is pale buff, thickly spotted with brown. Called also Wilson's thrush.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Wilson's or the tawny thrush of North America, Turdus (Hylocichla) fuscescens, one of the five songthrushes common in the eastern parts of the United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tawny brown North American thrush noted for its song
Possibly imitative of its song.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)