from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Affording vindication; justifying.
- adj. Exacting retribution; punitive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Promoting or producing vindication.
- adj. Promoting or producing retribution or punishment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending or serving to vindicate or justify; justificatory; vindicative.
- adj. Inflicting punishment; avenging; punitory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to vindicate; justificatory.
- Punitory; inflicting punishment; avenging.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. given or inflicted in requital according to merits or deserts
- adj. providing justification
- adj. of or relating to or having the nature of retribution
vindicate + -ory (Wiktionary)