from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Volcanic force or activity.
- n. The phenomena associated with volcanic activity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the natural phenomena and processes associated with the action of volcanos, geysers and fumaroles
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Volcanic power or action; volcanicity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The phenomena connected with volcanoes and volcanic activity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the phenomena associated with volcanic activity
volcano + -ism (Wiktionary)