from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being electricity or electric current produced by chemical action; galvanic.
- adj. Producing electricity by chemical action.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to electricity; galvanic
- adj. producing electricity by chemical action
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Alessandro Volta, who first devised apparatus for developing electric currents by chemical action, and established this branch of electric science; discovered by Volta.
- adj. Of or pertaining to voltaism, or voltaic electricity
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Alessandro Volta, an Italian physicist (1745-1827), who shares with Galvani the honor of having discovered the means of producing an electric current at the expense of chemical action upon one of two united plates of dissimilar metals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to or producing electric current by chemical action
- n. a group of Niger-Congo languages spoken primarily in southeastern Mali and northern Ghana
After Count Alessandro Volta.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Volta + -ic after Alessandro Volta. (Wiktionary)